CALL FOR PERMANENT POSITION AS A SENIOR LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (DOCTOR) IN THE NUTRITIONAL GENOMICS LABORATORY (GENYAL-LAB)
IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) adheres to the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researcher.
The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
This call is made under the provisions of the Fourth additional provision of Real Decreto-ley 32/2021, de 28 de diciembre, de medidas urgentes para la reforma laboral, la garantía de la estabilidad en el empleo y la transformación del mercado de trabajo and the Order of January 30, 2023 of the Consejería de Economía, Hacienda y Empleo authorizing the IMDEA ALIMENTACIÓN FOUNDATION to cover 8 posts through a public call, charged to the specific replacement rate authorized by the Secretaría de Estado de Función Pública del Ministerio de Hacienda y Función Pública on December 30, 2022.
This rate is complementary to the ordinary replacement rate established in Ley 4/2021, de 23 de diciembre, de Presupuestos Generales de la Comunidad de Madrid para 2022 and the additional stabilization rate derived from Ley 20/2021, de 28 de diciembre, de medidas urgentes para la reducción de la temporalidad en el empleo público.
Functions Technical profile:
The main work activity of the technician will be the realization of scientific-technical activities and management of the Nutritional Genomic Laboratory (GENYAL -LAB). Among others, the following:
- Organization and management of the Nutritional Genomics Laboratory (GENYAL -LAB). Maintenance of order and operational functioning of laboratories, including the cell culture room.
- Technical support for the design of the protocols and operating procedures of the Nutritional Genomics Laboratory (GENYAL -LAB).
- Carry out a large part of the experimental tasks corresponding to ongoing research.
- Manage the advanced scientific equipment of the laboratories, taking care of its proper use and maintenance.
- Manage the supply of consumables, their administration and use.
- Participate in technical meetings to cover the demand for research projects and laboratory analysis.
- Prepare reports of analytical results and maintain the historical repository of the same
- Develop and validate analysis methodologies, as well as the development of existing methods.
- Performing complex techniques and procedures, processing clinical samples, nucleic acid extraction,
- Support in sample preparation for genotyping, metabolic analysis and other techniques developed on the platform.
- Analysis of molecular effects of the bioactive products tested.
- Maintenance of stocks, control of common laboratory reagents and general material. Cleaning and sterilization of material.
- Required degree:
- PhD in cellular/molecular biology, pharmacology, biochemistry or related disciplines, obtained in the last 5 years.
- Training course for scientific personnel responsible for directing or designing procedures with animals (training with at least Function C).
- Other requirements:
- Publications in international scientific journals of high impact in the area, with at least 4 articles as first or last author.
- Use of fluent English (spoken and written).
- Professional experience to assess:
- Experience in in vitro and in vivo tests, and clinical trials with healthy and/or sick volunteers for the study of the biological effect of bioactive components (phenolic compounds, polar lipids, carotenoids, etc.).
- Experience in the handling of laboratory animals, especially rodents, colony management (crossing, maintenance, genotyping) and experimentation (gavage feeding, blood collection, intraperitoneal injection, perfusion, dissection, etc.)
- Experience in different in vitro models, including 3D cultures (organoids).
- Experience in biochemistry and molecular biology techniques (extraction and quantification of nucleic acids and proteins, primer design, RT-qPCR, CGH array, SNP array, RNAseq, NGS (Next Generation Sequencing), Western blot, MAGPIX).
- Other merits to assess:
- Participation in competitive scientific projects of public and private funding. The direction and supervision of master's or undergraduate students will be positively valued.
- Co-author in scientific publications and oral communications and posters in national and international congresses.
- Scientific awards (young researcher award, best communication, best scientific article, etc.)
- Office automation (Office, online databases) and experience in data processing and biostatistical analysis for projects of an epidemiological nature (GraphPad, SigmaPlot).
Results orientation, with high proactivity, responsible. Ability to organize and plan with initiative and independence.
Ability to observe and attention to detail. Methodical in his work. Ability to work in a team. Good communication skills.
After the deadline for submission of applications has expired, and once compliance with the requirements listed in the second base has been verified, the Selection Committee shall proceed to evaluate the merits based on the curricula provided, and to the selection of the candidatures that best fit to the established requirements; in a second selection phase, a personal interview will be conducted.
The personal interview will consist of conducting a face-to-face or videoconference interview that will deal only with the merits claimed by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the position and knowledge of the English language. The interview will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
- Selection criteria:
I. Aditional education: 0-30*
II. Aditional Professional experience & expertise: 0-30*
III. Other merits : 0-10*
IV. Interview: 0-30*
Type of contract: permanet full-time employment contract with trial period established by law.
Dedication: full-time, 37.5 hours per week, from Monday to Friday.
Incorporación: immediately after the selection process.
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
- Motivation Letter
- Employment History Report (Social Security)
- Official Academic Titles
- PhD Title
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal opportunities are guaranteed in the selection process, without any forms of discrimination.
IMDEA Food commitment is to guarantee equality in measures to balance personal, family and working life and to promote gender equality.