CALL FOR A RESEARCH ASSISTANT (NUTRITIONIST/DIETICIAN) AT IMDEA FOOD FOUNDATION
IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) adheres to the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researcher.
The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
This contract is part of the R+D+i project REFERENCE PID2021-125899OB-I00, financed by MCIN/AEI/10.13039/501100011033/FEDER, EU "A way of making Europe"
The purpose of the contract is to obtain the professional practice appropriate to the level of studies or training covered by the contract, through the acquisition of the skills and abilities necessary for the development of the work activity corresponding to the qualification obtained by the worker previously, by collaborating in the research line/project: "HEALTHY AGING through a restricted diet in adults with overweight/obesity and incipient liver disease: the ENSATI study".
Main functions to be carried out:
The scientific-technical activities to be developed by the research assistant will be those related to the development of nutritional intervention studies in humans. The main functions will be:
- Recruitment of volunteers
- Selection of participants using the inclusion/exclusion criteria of the protocol.
- Nutritional intervention with calorie restriction or fasting.
- Face-to-face, telephone or telematic follow-up of participants, according to protocol.
- Anthropometric and body composition determinations by bioimpedance and densitometry.
- Clinical determinations such as blood pressure, ECG, liver dysfunction or calorimetry.
- Evaluation and monitoring of physical activity by means of questionnaires and Accelerometry.
- Assessment of cognitive function by means of questionnaires and tests.
- Recording, digitalisation, archiving and documentation control of data collection questionnaires.
- Collection of biological samples such as blood and urine.
- Processing (isolation of plasma, serum and cell fraction), aliquoting and storage of samples. Control of sample collection.
- Measurements of molecular, genetic and epigenetic markers.
- Data analysis.
* Level of education.
Degree in Human Nutrition and Dietetics or health sciences (Pharmacy, Nursing, Medicine).
Important: The employment contract must be concluded within three years after completion of the relevant studies. It is therefore a requirement that no more than 3 years have elapsed since the completion of studies at the time of recruitment.
Other training to be assessed (other qualifications, other knowledge):
Additional training in nutrition in the elderly population.
- Theoretical or practical training in nutritional intervention trials.
- The academic transcript will be taken into account
Other merits to be valued:
- Driving licence and own vehicle.
Skills (to be assessed in the interview):
- Good bedside manner.
- Motivation and enthusiasm for the area of work.
- Responsible and disciplined person.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a group.
After the deadline for submission of applications, and once compliance with the requirements listed in the second base have been verified, the Selection Committee will proceed to assess the documented merits included in the curricula vitae and to select the candidatures that best suit the established requirements; then a second selection phase will then be opened, consisting of a personal interview.
The personal interview will consist of conducting a face-to-face or videoconference interview that will deal only with the merits declared by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the position. The interview will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
I. Additional training to assess: 0-50*
II. Other merits : 0-20*
III. Interview: 0-30*
Type of contract: Training contract for obtaining the Professional Practice with a probationary period established by law.
Dedication: 37,5 h/week in split working day, from Monday to Friday.
Gross Annual Salary: 19,000 euros.
Duration: 12 months.
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
- Motivation Letter
- Employment History Report (Social Security)
- Official Academic Titles
- Academic Certificate of Notes
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal opportunities are guaranteed in the selection process, without any forms of discrimination.
IMDEA Food commitment is to guarantee equality in measures to balance personal, family and working life and to promote gender equality.