CALL FOR A SENIOR RESEARCHER IN THE RESEARCH LINE 'CLINICAL TRIALS IN PRECISION NUTRITION AND HEALTH': GENYAL PROJECT (AND ITS SUBPROJECTS)
IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) adheres to the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researcher.
The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
The new management of Institute IMDEA Food has recently set, with the agreement of the Foundation's Board of Trustees, an objective aimed at increasing in the short term the volume of R&D support services provided from GENYAL to internal and external IMDEA researchers, which requires that this transversal research line/project has new highly qualified research staff with sufficient professional experience, coordinating the scientific activities of the sub-projects integrated in GENYAL.
- Translational research activity.
- To carry out and coordinate the innovation, transfer and valorization of the results of the research carried out at GENYAL in coordination with that of the Centre in general.
- To promote GENYAL's participation in public-private collaboration projects and European projects.
- To promote the internationalization and collaboration of GENYAL with other institutions and companies.
- To promote the visibility of GENYAL in the business sector, managing contracts with companies for the delivery of precision nutrition products, as well as the determination of biomarkers in humans.
- Training and dissemination of science in genomics, precision nutrition and health to society.
- Institutional and social responsibilities.
- To collaborate in the definition and execution of IMDEA Food's strategic lines.
- Scientific advice and coordination on potential lines of research and innovation in genomics and other technologies applicable to the study of the interrelations between genetics, nutrition and health through clinical trials.
- Advice and technological and technical coordination on the experimental methods, scientific equipment and external laboratory services in genomics and other related technologies that are available at any given time and that are suitable for the conditions of each study or essay.
- To participate in scientific discussions and the interpretation of results that require knowledge in the field.
- Coordination of research projects and the work of the researchers involved in the research line.
- Obtaining research funding (application for research projects with public or private funding).
- Training research staff. Supervision of pre-doctoral, bachelor's and master's degree students.
- Transmission of knowledge at national and international level. Generation of relevant scientific publications, participation in forums and congresses.
- To design and implementation of dissemination activities.
- Evaluation of the staff in charge.
- Establishment of collaborative relationships with other research centres and groups.
- Monitoring of scientific advances.
- PhD in a discipline related to Life Sciences (Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Medicine, Veterinary Science, Food Science and Technology, or related).
Other specific requirements:
- Postdoctoral experience with doctoral appointment, not less than 10 years in public or private R+D+I centres, or Spanish or foreign universities, related to research in the corresponding area (fields such as genomics, biomarkers and identification of genetic profiles).
- Very extensive experience in the coordination of teams involved in services to companies, as well as innovation activities in the field of genomics and precision nutrition.
- Participation in public-private collaboration projects.
- Management and supervision of staff involved in business services in the field of genetics and precision nutrition.
Curricular merits of the candidate to be assessed:
- Relevance and involvement in scientific contributions:
- Co-author of prestigious scientific publications in the field (indexed in international databases), in some of them as first author and/or corresponding author. Index h, at least 15.
- Co-author of communications to national and international scientific congresses, especially oral presentations made by the candidate.
- Co-author of tools and databases in open science format.
- Participation in competitive research projects with public or private funding (especially as principal investigator).
- Participation in research contracts with companies.
- International mobility: Stays in foreign research centres.
- Specific experience in the research area of the position:
- Experience with molecular biology techniques as listed in the job description.
- Demonstrated experience in molecular biology techniques in the field of genetics, gene expression, NGS, etc., in terms of high impact scientific research articles.
- Knowledge in genetics, genomics and epigenomics.
- Other curricular merits:
- Scientific dissemination activities, academic teaching activity (national and international), participation in scientific management activities and dissemination of results.
- Proven high level of English: spoken and written.
Other merits to be assessed: Candidate's ability to lead the line of research:
- Independence, relevance, scientific and professional expertise and leadership:
- Direction of research works: coordination of research works, director of trainee researchers, direction of bachelor's and master's degree theses; direction of doctoral theses.
- Relevance and knowledge of the line of research:
- Invitation and participation in international congresses, plenary lecturer, courses and training programmes in specialised schools. Teaching at the University.
- Participation in national and international networks in Genomics or related to the field of health.
- Work in multidisciplinary groups and international projects.
- Leadership of research groups/lines of research:
- Scientific management or coordination of work teams.
- Participation and leadership in consortia and in national and international research networks.
- Development of research with social impact.
- Proactivity, professional leadership.
- Ability to work in groups and coordinate work teams, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Communication skills
Once the deadline for the submission of applications has expired, and once the fulfilment of the requirements listed in the second base has been verified, the Selection Committee will proceed to evaluate the merits included in the curricula vitae and to select the candidates who best meet the established requirements, and will then open a second selection phase consisting of a personal interview.
The personal interview will consist of a face-to-face or videoconference interview which will focus solely on the merits put forward by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the post. The interview will last a maximum of 45 minutes.
I. Curricular merits: 0-50*
II. Other merits: 0-20*
III. Interview: 0-30
Type of contract: employment contract for scientific-technical activities (art. 23 bis Science Act) in accordance with current legislation with a probationary period established by law.
Dedication: part-time 80% (30 h/week) Monday to Friday.
Gross Annual Salary: according to the merits and worth of the candidate
Incorporation: immediate, after the corresponding selection process.
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
- Motivation Letter
- Employment History Report (Social Security)
- PhD Title
- Memory of the research career
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal opportunities are guaranteed in the selection process, without any forms of discrimination.
IMDEA Food commitment is to guarantee equality in measures to balance personal, family and working life and to promote gender equality.