CALL FOR A R&D PROJECT MANAGER FOR THE RESEARCH LINE “CLINICAL TRIALS IN PRECISION NUTRITION AND HEALTH”: GENYAL PROJECT (AND ITS SUBPROJECTS)
IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) adheres to the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researcher.
The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
The contract is linked to the development of the transversal line of research "Clinical Trials in precision nutrition and health: GENYAL project and its subprojects, in which activities carried out by one or more IMDEA Food research groups come together and are carried out following guidelines appropriate methodologies in the form of R+D+I projects or contracts.
The manager of the scientific-technical activities of GENYAL must also ensure the correct coordination of the information among R&D projects and subprojects of the Research Line of "Clinical trials in precision nutrition: project GENYAL and the general management criteria of the Institute, in order to guarantee the coherence and consistency of all the information that IMDEA has to provide to third parties.
Main functions technical profile:
The scientific-technical management activities to be developed are specifically linked to the projects and services provided by the GENYAL line/transversal project (“Clinical trials in precision nutrition and health”).
In particular, She/he must ensure:
- Administrative and management support in applications for R&D Grants.
- Grants management through the Foundation's applications (registration, monitoring and carrying out of administrative procedures required by the granting bodies through the ERP-Fundanet)
- Preparation of technical, administrative and financial documents in the processing and management of grant with the different granting administrations: regional, state administration (AEI / ISCIII, etc.), private entities and European Community administration.
- The promotion and dissemination among the research groups linked to GENYAL of the programs and calls for R&D aid from the different Public Administrations (regional/state/international)
- The strategic orientation of the research groups linked to GENYAL towards the calls where they are most competitive, and vice versa, carrying out a strategic promotion of R&D Grant Funding programs that is competitive and results-oriented, both in the short and medium term.
- Strategic monitoring of the scientific positioning and economic and human resources of the groups.
- Permanent monitoring and support in the economic and scientific execution of the projects in order to achieve the planned scientific and budgetary objectives and prepare the economic and scientific reports of the different projects.
- Preparation and upload of reports, justifications and other documents required in the different electronic platforms of R+D+i Project Management, such as Quadrivium (CM), Justieco (MCIN), Portal Funding & Tender opportunities (EU) and similar.
- Higher university degree, Bachelor's or University Master's degree (level 3 of the MECES), preferably in the Area of Economics/Business Sciences, Law or Life Sciences, Health, Food or equivalent
Additional training to value:
- Specific training in Administrative Law or administrative management of grants
- Additional specific training in the field of R&D management, innovation, technology transfer and R&D support services
- Specific training on internationalization and management of international projects
- Specific training on the organization and functioning of the European Union and community policies, especially the promotion of research and innovation
- Others directly linked to the functions to be performed in the position.
Required professional experience:
- Minimum experience of 5 years in positions of high level of responsibility and autonomy in public or private entities or organizations dedicated to the promotion of R&D or directly in the management of R&D&I aid programs (including grants to staff) or R&D or technological innovation projects is required.
- Experience in managing international projects and internationalization.
Additional professional experience to value:
- Previous proven experience in managing collaborative European projects in international programs and European calls,
- Experience in monitoring and reporting of R+D+i projects at public bodies.
- Experience in managing R+D+i Project platforms such as Quadrivium (CM), Justieco (MCIN), Portal Funding & Tender opportunities (EU) and similar.
- Other experience related to the functions of the position.
- Knowledge and good management of IT management tools (ERPs- preferably Fundanet) and with a medium-high level of the Office package (Office package, pivot tables, macro templates, forms and data analysis with Excel, etc.), web pages and scientific databases (Wos/Wok, Scopus,...), bibliographic management software (EndNote,...).
- Verifiable level of English (minimum C1 of the common reference framework).
- Fluency in other official community languages widely used within the EU (German, French...)
- Proactive, autonomous, responsible, methodical person, with attention to detail and rigor at work, decisive, with a positive, dynamic, efficient, discreet attitude.
- Orientation to work for projects and objectives.
- Ability to work under pressure and subject to deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team, flexibility and great involvement and commitment.
- Ability for interpersonal relationships and for verbal and written communication and high interlocution.
After the deadline for submission of applications, and once compliance with the requirements listed in the second base have been verified, the Selection Committee will proceed to assess the documented merits included in the curricula vitae and to select the candidatures that best suit the established requirements; then a second selection phase will then be opened, consisting of a personal interview.
The personal interview will consist of conducting a face-to-face or videoconference interview that will deal only with the merits declared by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the position. The interview will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
I. Additional training to assess: 0-30*
II. Aditional experience & expertise: 0-30*
II. Other merits : 0-10*
III. Interview: 0-30*
Type of contract: employment contract for scientific-technical activities (art. 23 bis Spanish Science Law) with a trial period established by law.
Dedication: full time (37,5 hours per week), flexible split day, from Monday to Friday.
Annual gross salary: 32.112 euros, with the possibility of incentives of productivity up to 10% of gross salary.
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
- Motivation Letter
- Employment History Report (Social Security)
- Official Academic Titles
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal opportunities are guaranteed in the selection process, without any forms of discrimination.
IMDEA Food commitment is to guarantee equality in measures to balance personal, family and working life and to promote gender equality.