CALL FOR A JUNIOR DATA SCIENTIST DEEP LEARNING IN MOLECULAR DESIGN (RESEARCH ASSISTANT)
IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) adheres to the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researcher.
The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
This contract is part of the R+D+i project REFERENCE PID2021-127318OB-I00, financed by MCIN/AEI/10.13039/501100011033/FEDER, EU "A way of making Europe"
The funding available for this contract is linked to a single research project, therefore, the Research Line will be linked to the project: “AI-METMI-Artificial Intelligence-boosted computational platform for the development of human microbial METabolite-MImics as drugs and nutraceutics”
The scientific-technical activities that the research assistant will develop as a Junior Data Scientist Deep Learning in Molecular Design for the research line will be the following:
- development of models for the generation of molecules in silico through generative Deep Learning and Computational Chemistry techniques.
- analysis and mining of chemoinformatic data of metabolites of the human microbiota.
Oficial university master's degree in Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, with Degree in Biotechnology or similar.
Other Education to evaluate:
- Knowledge of Python for data analysis and Deep Learning: Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib, Tensorflow/Keras.
- Knowledge of chemoinformatics and programming with the RDKit chemoinformatics library.
- Other official master's degrees in related areas
Professional experience & expertise required:
- Required experience of Minimum 2 years in the field of Chemoinformatics of food compounds and metabolites, as well as the application of Deep Learning to molecular design and chemoinformatics data mining. Python programming for data science, creditable by presenting certificates of jobs in the field; Publications in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at scientific congresses in the area may be considered as accrediting documents.
Other Professional experience & expertise to evaluate:
- Biostatistical analyses using R
Other merits to evaluate:
- Publications, posters and oral presentations in the area of Chemoinformatics and data science of food compounds and metabolites.
Skills (to evaluate in the interview):
- Motivated person, enthusiastic about science, able to work in a group, proactive, disciplined, responsable.
- English language: minimum creditable B2 level.
After the deadline for submission of applications, and once compliance with the requirements listed in the second base have been verified, the Selection Committee will proceed to assess the documented merits included in the curricula vitae and to select the candidatures that best suit the established requirements; then a second selection phase will then be opened, consisting of a personal interview.
The personal interview will consist of conducting a face-to-face or videoconference interview that will deal only with the merits declared by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the position. The interview will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
I. Additional training to assess: 0-30*
II. Aditional Professional experience & expertise: 0-30*
II. Other merits : 0-10*
III. Interview: 0-30*
Type of contract: employment contract for scientific-technical activities (art. 23 bis Science Law) in accordance with current legislation with a trial period established by law.
Dedication: full time (37,5 hours per week), flexible split day, from Monday to Friday.
Annual gross salary: 20,415 euro.
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
- Employment History Report (Social Security)
- Official Academic Titles
- Other documents
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal opportunities are guaranteed in the selection process, without any forms of discrimination.
IMDEA Food commitment is to guarantee equality in measures to balance personal, family and working life and to promote gender equality.