CALL FOR A PERMANENT POSITION AS HEAD OF THE LABORATORY/GROUP FOR RESEARCH ON POSTTRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION OF METABOLIC DISEASES (SENIOR RESEARCHER)
IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) adheres to the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researcher.
The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
This call is made under the provisions of the Fourth additional provision of Real Decreto-ley 32/2021, de 28 de diciembre, de medidas urgentes para la reforma laboral, la garantía de la estabilidad en el empleo y la transformación del mercado de trabajo and the Order of January 30, 2023 of the Consejería de Economía, Hacienda y Empleo authorizing the IMDEA ALIMENTACIÓN FOUNDATION to cover 8 posts through a public call, charged to the specific replacement rate authorized by the Secretaría de Estado de Función Pública del Ministerio de Hacienda y Función Pública on December 30, 2022.
This rate is complementary to the ordinary replacement rate established in Ley 4/2021, de 23 de diciembre, de Presupuestos Generales de la Comunidad de Madrid para 2022 and the additional stabilization rate derived from Ley 20/2021, de 28 de diciembre, de medidas urgentes para la reducción de la temporalidad en el empleo público.
Basic and applied research on novel molecular mechanisms that underlie dysregulation of lipid metabolism, glucose homeostasis, and inflammation during the development of pathologies like Alzheimer´s Disease, Diabetes and Atherosclerosis, from a global perspective.
Reserarch on networks of non-coding RNAs and RBPs and their target genes to evaluate their impact on biological processes and age-related pathologies, Using a combination of genomics, in vivo models of human diseases, biochemistry, bioinformatics and molecular biology.
Study of the role of miR-7/hnRNPK in the regulation of cholesterol homeostasis and its involvement in dysregulated metabolic states associated with human diseases.
Functions Research profile.
- Management and execution of the research activities above described.
- Coordination of research projects and the work of the researchers involved.
- Obtaining funding for research.
- Research staff training.
- Transmission of knowledge nationally and internationally. Generation of relevant scientific publications, participation in forums and congresses.
- Design and implementation of dissemination activities.
- Evaluation of the personnel in charge
- Establishment of collaborative relationships with other research centers and groups.
- Watch of scientific advances.
-PhD degree in the Life Sciences Area.
Other specific requirements:
- Have a postdoctoral experience with a postdoctoral contract, not less than 10 years in public or private R&D&i centers or Spanish or foreign universities, related to the correspondig research Area.
- Compliance with the quality requirements of production and scientific-technological activity that imply an outstanding research career, in accordance with the provisions of Annex II of the Resolution of July 20, 2005 of the Secretary of State for Universities and Research, which establishes the evaluation criteria in the Incentive Program for the Incorporation and Intensification of Activity Researcher (I3 Program), or other criteria that replace them in the event that this resolution is repealed.
- Minimum h index of 26.
Curricular merits of the candidate, to evaluate:
- Relevance and contribution in scientific contributions
- Co-author in prestigious scientific publications (indexed in international databases), especially as "corresponding author", books or chapters of scientific and technical books.
- Co-author in communications to scientific conferences, especially oral presentations.
- Presentations by invitation at conferences, congresses and specialized courses.
- Development of activities that lead to obtaining patents. Co-inventor of patents and other technology transfer actions.
- Participation in national and international R+D+i activities with direct involvement in programs, projects or contracts, as actions the ERC, other competitive programs of the European Union R&D PM or other Agencies´s or Companies and other entities.
- International movility (long-stays in foreign research centers).
- Other Curricular merits:
- Scientific dissemination activities, academic teaching activity (national and international), participation in scientific management activities
Other merits: Candidate's ability to lead the research line (Research Laboratory):
- Independence, relevance of scientific and professional experience and leadership.
- Management of research work:
- Coordination of research works.
- Tutoring and/or supervision of research staff, national and international
- Principal investigator "corresponding-author", in scientific publications and research works,
- Supervision of doctoral or master's theses, as well as theses.
- Relevance and knowledge of the line of research:
- Invitation and participation in international conferences, plenary speaker and specialized courses.
- Recognition awards, mentions and distinctions.
- Capacity to obtain resources:
- Funding obtained as principal investigator in projects from competitive calls, contracts, agreements, etc.
- Leadership of research groups:
- Direction or scientific coordination of groups,
- Management of master's and postgraduate courses or specialization courses,
- Participation in programs of excellence in international leadership,
- Links with organizations of recognized national/international prestige related to the area of the position.
- High level of English: demonstrable spoken and written.
- Leadership, direction and management of teams, motivation, negotiation skills.
After the deadline for submission of applications has expired, and once compliance with the requirements listed in the second base has been verified, the Selection Committee shall proceed to evaluate the merits based on the curricula provided, and to the selection of the candidatures that best fit to the established requirements; in a second selection phase, a personal interview will be conducted.
The personal interview will consist of conducting a face-to-face or videoconference interview that will deal only with the merits claimed by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the position and knowledge of the English language. The interview will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
- Selection criteria:
I. Aditional education: 0-30*
II. Aditional Professional experience & expertise: 0-30*
III. Other merits : 0-10*
IV. Interview: 0-30*
Type of contract: permanet full-time employment contract with trial period established by law.
Dedication: full-time, 37.5 hours per week, from Monday to Friday.
Incorporación: immediately after the selection process.
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
- Motivation Letter
- Employment History Report (Social Security)
- PhD Title
- Memory of the research career
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal opportunities are guaranteed in the selection process, without any forms of discrimination.
IMDEA Food commitment is to guarantee equality in measures to balance personal, family and working life and to promote gender equality.