CALL FOR A PERMANENT POSITION AS LABORATORY TECHNICIAN SPECIALIZED IN ANIMAL EXPERIMENTATION SUPPORTING (PRE-CLINICAL RESEARCH) (HIGH DEGREE LABORATORY TECHNICIAN-ANIMAL EXPERIMENTATION)
IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) adheres to the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researcher.
The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
This call is made under the provisions of the Fourth additional provision of Real Decreto-ley 32/2021, de 28 de diciembre, de medidas urgentes para la reforma laboral, la garantía de la estabilidad en el empleo y la transformación del mercado de trabajo and the Order of January 30, 2023 of the Consejería de Economía, Hacienda y Empleo authorizing the IMDEA ALIMENTACIÓN FOUNDATION to cover 8 posts through a public call, charged to the specific replacement rate authorized by the Secretaría de Estado de Función Pública del Ministerio de Hacienda y Función Pública on December 30, 2022.
This rate is complementary to the ordinary replacement rate established in Ley 4/2021, de 23 de diciembre, de Presupuestos Generales de la Comunidad de Madrid para 2022 and the additional stabilization rate derived from Ley 20/2021, de 28 de diciembre, de medidas urgentes para la reducción de la temporalidad en el empleo público.
Functions Technical profile:
The main work activity of the technician will be the realization of scientific-technical activities and management of animal experimentation (preclinical research). Among others, the following:
- Technical support for the design of protocols and operating procedures for animal experimentation.
- Carry out a large part of the experimental tasks corresponding to ongoing research.
- Manage with professionalism the scientific equipment of the laboratories, taking care of its good use and maintenance.
- Manage the supply of consumables, their administration and use
- Participate in technical meetings to cover the demand for research projects and laboratory analysis.
- Prepare reports of analytical results and maintain the historical repository of them.
- Develop and validate analysis methodologies, as well as the development of existing methods.
- Establishment and management of mouse colonies.
- Performing complex techniques and procedures in experimental mouse models, including subcutaneous, intraperitoneal and intravenous inoculations; hepatectomy; tumor induction and monitoring in immunocompetent and immunosuppressed mice; intragastric administration of products; Blood sampling by mandibular puncture.
- The basic management of mouse colonies.
- Required degree:
- Essential qualification of Vocational Training of the Educational System of Higher Degree of Laboratory (LOE) (previous Superior Technician in Laboratory (LOGSE)).
- Specific training in working with mouse models (training with at least Function C).
- Additional training to be assessed (other qualifications, other knowledge):
- Basic knowledge in molecular biology and pharmacology.
- Knowledge of colony management databases such as "Mouse Colony Management" and / or Anibio.
- Knowledge of the Fundanet ERP platform.
- Professional experience required:
- Experience of at least 2 years of work as a technician in experimental and animal science laboratories.
Additional professional experience to assess:
- Additional experience at least 2 years as an animal facility technician will be positively valued.
- Experience in the management of animal facilities, including ethical procedures, operating permits, evaluation of health status reports, preparation of standard work procedures.
- Other merits to assess:
- Ability to manage and perform complex mouse colony techniques, including subcutaneous, intraperitoneal, intravenous inoculations; hepatectomy; tumor induction and monitoring in immunocompetent and immunosuppressed mice; intragastric administration of products; Blood sampling by mandibular puncture.
• Capabilities and others:
- Flexibility in mobility within the Community of Madrid.
- Proactive attitude and teamwork.
After the deadline for submission of applications has expired, and once compliance with the requirements listed in the second base has been verified, the Selection Committee shall proceed to evaluate the merits based on the curricula provided, and to the selection of the candidatures that best fit to the established requirements; in a second selection phase, a personal interview will be conducted.
The personal interview will consist of conducting a face-to-face or videoconference interview that will deal only with the merits claimed by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the position and knowledge of the English language. The interview will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
- Selection criteria:
I. Aditional education: 0-30*
II. Aditional Professional experience & expertise: 0-30*
III. Other merits : 0-10*
IV. Interview: 0-30*
Type of contract: permanet full-time employment contract with trial period established by law.
Dedication: full-time, 37.5 hours per week, from Monday to Friday.
Incorporación: immediately after the selection process.
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
- Motivation Letter
- Employment History Report (Social Security)
- Official Academic Titles
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal opportunities are guaranteed in the selection process, without any forms of discrimination.
IMDEA Food commitment is to guarantee equality in measures to balance personal, family and working life and to promote gender equality.