CALL FOR A PERMANENT POSITION AS HEAD OF THE LABORATORY FOR RESEARCH ON AGE-RELATED DISEASES: GEROPROTECTIVE PRODUCTS (SENIOR RESEARCHER)
IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) adheres to the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researcher.
The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
The call is made under the provisions of Law 20/2021, of December 28 and the Order of July 26, 2022 of the Ministry of Economy, Employment and Finance of the Community of Madrid.
A selective process is called for the coverage of a permanent position of Head of the Laboratory for Research on Age-Related Diseases: Geroprotective Producs within the Research Program. Precision Nutrition and Age of the IMDEA Food Foundation, with the profile and characteristics established in Annex l of the official Call.
Basic and applied research on geroprotective products and their relationship with well-being, health, obesity and diseases related to aging.
The aim is to identify, characterize and optimize animal bioactive compounds as drug candidates against aging, cancer and metabolic-related diseases, as well as nutritional strategies based on trials and scientific studies that contribute to this objective, as well as to the protection of health and well-being of the population, in general; all within the framework of precision or personalized nutrition.
Perform innovative research on the properties and mechanisms of action of these compounds and/or personalized diets, analyzing their possible direct translation into therapies and nutritional strategies against cancer and other disorders, by using multidisciplinary approaches, including molecular and cell biology, structural biology, medicinal chemistry as well as genetic- and diet-modified mouse models, or directly trials and clinical studies, on human diseases associated with aging or on the general health status of the population.
The main research lines are focused on studying the molecular alterations of aging and finding novel and safe compounds as well as personalized nutritional and dietary strategies targeting these alterations, studying their effect on senescent cells to achieve a healthy life.
- Functions Research profile:
- Management and execution of the research activities above described.
- Coordination of research projects and the work of the researchers involved.
- Obtaining funding for research.
- Research staff training.
- Transmission of knowledge nationally and internationally. Generation of relevant scientific publications, participation in forums and congresses.
- Design and implementation of dissemination activities.
- Evaluation of the personnel in charge.
- Establishment of collaborative relationships with other centers and groups research.
- Watch of scientific advances
- PhD degree in the Area of Biomedical Sciences or similar.
Other specific requirements:
- Have a postdoctoral experience with a doctoral contract, not less than 10 years in public or private R&D&i centers or Spanish or foreign universities, related to the correspondig research Area.
- Compliance with the quality requirements of production and scientific-technological activity that imply an outstanding research career, in accordance with the provisions of Annex II of the Resolution of July 20, 2005 of the Secretary of State for Universities and Research, which establishes the evaluation criteria in the Incentive Program for the Incorporation and Intensification of Activity Researcher (I3 Program), or other criteria that replace them in the event that this resolution is repealed.
- Medium-high value of the h-Index (in the area of specialization)
Curricular merits of the candidate, to evaluate:
- Relevance and contribution in scientific contributions
- Co-author of prestigious scientific publications (indexed in international databases), especially as "corresponding author", books or chapters of scientific and technical books.
- Co-author of communications to scientific conferences, especially oral presentations.
- Presentations by invitation at conferences, congresses and specialized courses.
- Development of activities that lead to obtaining patents. Co-inventor of patents and other technology transfer actions.
- Participation in national and international R+D+i activities with direct involvement in programs, projects or contracts, as actions the ERC, other competitive programs of the European Union R&D PM or other Agencies´s or Companies and other entities
- International movility (long-stays in foreign research centers).
- Other Curricular merits:
- Scientific dissemination activities, academic teaching activity (national and international), participation in scientific management activities
Other merits: Candidate's ability to lead the research line (Research Laboratory): Independence in their career, relevance of scientific and professional experience and leadership.
- Management of research work:
- Coordination of research works.
- Tutoring and/or supervision of research staff, national and international
- Principal investigator "corresponding-author", in scientific publications and research works,
- Supervision of doctoral or master's theses, as well as theses.
- Relevance and knowledge of the line of research:
- Invitation and participation in international conferences, plenary speaker and specialized courses.
- Recognition awards, mentions and distinctions.
- Capacity to obtain resources:
- Funding obtained as principal investigator in projects from competitive calls, contracts, agreements, etc.
- Leadership of research groups:
- Direction or scientific coordination of groups,
- Management of master's and postgraduate courses or specialization courses,
- Participation in programs of excellence in international leadership,
- Links with organizations of recognized national/international prestige related to the area of the position.
- High level of English: demonstrable spoken and written.
- Leadership, direction and management of teams, motivation, negotiation skills.
Candidates will be selected based on the profiles described in Annex 1 as appropriately outlined in their CV by a Selection Committee composed by scientist staff of IMDEA Food Institute. Ad-hoc experts could be participating in the process. The best-qualified applicants can be invited locally for an interview by the Selection Committee.
The personal interview will consist of conducting a face-to-face or videoconference interview that will deal only with the merits declared by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the position. The interview will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
I. Curricular merits: 0-50*
II. Other merits: 0-20*
III. Interview: 0-30
Type of contract: permanet full-time employment contract with trial period established by law.
Dedication: full-time, 37.5 hours per week, from Monday to Friday.
Incorporación: immediately after the selection process.
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
- Motivation Letter
- Employment History Report (Social Security)
- PhD Title
- Memory of the research career
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal opportunities are guaranteed in the selection process, without any forms of discrimination.
IMDEA Food commitment is to guarantee equality in measures to balance personal, family and working life and to promote gender equality.