CALL FOR A PERMANENT POSITION AS RESEARCHER IN THE LABORATORY FOR RESEARCH ON CARDIOMETABOLIC DISEASES: EPIGENETIC ANALYSIS (POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER)
IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) adheres to the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researcher.
The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
The call is made under the provisions of Law 20/2021, of December 28 and the Order of July 26, 2022 of the Ministry of Economy, Employment and Finance of the Community of Madrid.
A selective process is called for the coverage of a permanent position as Researcher of the Research Laboratory on Cardiometabolic Diseases: Epigenetic Analysis (Postdoctoral Researcher) at IMDEA Food Foundation, with the profile and characteristics established in Annex l of the official Call.
Multidisciplinary research on circulating RNAs in cardiovascular disease and their influence by environmental factors and the extracellular vesicles of dietary miRNAs and food-derived microplastics: deciphering their possible biological effects.
Isolation, search and validation of circulating RNAs in pathophysiological conditions of cardiovascular disease.
Influence of environmental factors (e.g. diet, physical exercise) on the modulation of non-coding RNAs.
Bioinformatics analysis to find alternatives for precision nutrition and genome editing.
Study of circulating (secreted) miRNAs in response to postprandial lipemia. Development of protocols to isolate plasma exosomes and identification of miRNAs carried by them
Deepen the knowledge of how circulating miRNAs can be modified by diet.
Analyze secreted miRNAs that are modulated by the diet in a therapeutic way.
Identify through bioinformatics studies the mechanisms of action of circulating miRNAs.
Test the therapeutic utility of exosomes as transporters of exogenous RNAs.
Functions profile of the Researcher:
The researcher will be responsible for the design, planning, performance and analysis of the results of the group's experiments, in close coordination with the Head of the Epigenetics of Lipid Metabolism Group and with the other members of the group. To do this, he/she must be aware of the latest advances in the field, by reading current publications, participating in congresses and seminars, etc.
The researcher must help in the supervision and training of the interns that the research group hosts, including students in internships, final degree or master's projects, doctoral students, etc.
The researcher will actively participate in the writing of research projects, scientific publications, conference presentations or talks, in close collaboration with other members of the group.
Researcher will perform laboratory analyses, will interpret statistical results, and prepare reports including integrated summaries for reports, manuscript and proposal submissions
The researcher will be a reference person in the coordination of work in the laboratory, including orders management, location and organization of laboratory materials and reagents, maintenance and care of research equipment and other coordination tasks
PhD in Life Sciences (Pharmacy, Biology, Biochemistry, Medicine, Biotechnology, Veterinary, Bioinformatics, Food Science and Technology or similar).
Other specific requirements:
- Postdoctoral experience with a PhD contract, not less than 5 years in public or private R&D centers or Spanish or foreign universities, related to the corresponding Research Area.
- Publications in high-impact international scientific journals in the area, with at least 4 experimental articles as first author.
- Use of fluent English (spoken and written).
Curricular merits of the candidate:
- Co-author of prestigious scientific publications (indexed in international databases), some of them as the first autor, books or chapters of scientific and technical books.
- Co-author of communications to scientific conferences.
- Co-inventor in granted or licensed patents.
- Participation in R+D+i activities:
- Participation in competitive research projects, contracts with companies, agreements, both national and international, related to the research area of the position.
- International mobility (stays in foreign research centers).
- Other curricular merits:
- Successful applications in highly competitive scientific programs for young researchers (e.g. "Juan de la Cierva" Program, "JAE" Program, "PEJ"-POST Program, etc.)
- Obtaining awards, mentions and research distinctions.
- Other contributions not included in the previous sections.
Other merits to assess:
- Specific experience in the research area of the position, including:
Proven experience in cell and molecular biology techniques, including: cloning, cell line establishment, primary cultures and/or organoids, Western blotting, Northern blotting, gene expression and RNA analysis.
Experience in working with experimental animals, and experience in lipid metabolism and/or cardiovascular disease in the context of non-coding RNAs.
Chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP), genome editing and epigenetic assays.
Knowledge of advanced bioinformatics, and management of machine learning algorithms and artificial intelligence.
- Direction or co-direction of doctoral theses and degree and master's projects.
- Participation in the preparation of proposals to attract external financing.
- Collaboration in transversal activities (dissemination of results, ..)
- Ability to work independently on routine tasks as well as new assignments.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and teamwork.
- Proactive attitude, professional leadership.
Candidates will be selected based on the profiles described in Annex 1 as appropriately outlined in their CV by a Selection Committee composed by scientist staff of IMDEA Food Institute. Ad-hoc experts could be participating in the process. The best-qualified applicants can be invited locally for an interview by the Selection Committee.
The personal interview will consist of conducting a face-to-face or videoconference interview that will deal only with the merits declared by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the position. The interview will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
I. Curricular merits: 0-50*
II. Other merits: 0-20*
III. Interview: 0-30
Type of contract: permanet full-time employment contract with trial period established by law.
Dedication: full-time, 37.5 hours per week, from Monday to Friday.
Incorporación: immediately after the selection process.
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
- Motivation Letter
- Employment History Report (Social Security)
- PhD Title
- Memory of the research career