CALL FOR A PERMANENT POSITION AS RESEARCHER IN THE LABORATORY FOR RESEARCH ON AGE-RELATED DISEASES: METABOLIC SYNDROME (POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER)
IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) adheres to the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researcher.
The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
The call is made under the provisions of Law 20/2021, of December 28 and the Order of July 26, 2022 of the Ministry of Economy, Employment and Finance of the Community of Madrid.
A selective process is called for the coverage of a permanent position as Researcher in the Laboratory for Research on Age-Related Diseases: Metabolic Syndrome (Postdoctoral Researcher) at IMDEA Food Foundation, with the profile and characteristics established in Annex l of the official Call.
Research on the "Molecular Biology of Metabolic Syndrome": translational research on the metabolic pathways involved in metabolic syndrome, with special emphasis on chromatin remodeling, metabolic signaling pathways and screening of compound libraries.
Functions profile of the Researcher:
The researcher will be responsible for the design, planning, performance and analysis of the results of the group's experiments, in close coordination with the Head of the Metabolic Syndrome Group and with the other members of the group. To do this, he must be aware of the latest advances in the field, by reading current publications, participating in congresses and seminars, etc.
The researcher must help in the supervision and training of the interns that the research group hosts, including students in internships, final degree or master's projects, doctoral students, etc.
The researcher will actively participate in the writing of research projects, scientific publications, conference presentations or talks, in close collaboration with other members of the group.
The researcher will be a reference person in the coordination of work in the laboratory, including orders management, location and organization of laboratory materials and reagents, maintenance and care of research equipment and other coordination tasks.
The researcher must take part in the coordination with other research centers where laboratory experiments are carried out, including animal facilities, technical units (cytometry, confocal microscopy, proteomics, etc.), hospitals, service companies, etc.
Doctorate in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or similar
Experimental animal handling permit, Function C or higher.
Other specific requirements:
- Postdoctoral experience with a PhD contract, not less than 5 years.
- Publications in high-impact international scientific journals in the area, with at least 2 experimental articles as first author.
- Use of fluent English.
Curricular merits of the candidate:
- Long stays in foreign research centers (no less than 1 year).
- Co-author of prestigious scientific publications (indexed in international databases), some of them as the first author.
- Co-author of communications to scientific conferences.
- Participation in research projects on metabolism and ageing.
- Participation in research contracts with companies.
Other merits to assess:
- The candidate must have extensive experience in conducting experiments on metabolism, cancer and aging. He/she will need to control the basic techniques of molecular biology, including cell cultures, protein and nucleic acid analysis, cloning, microscopy, etc. She/he should have extensive experience in the design, coordination, performance and analysis of the results of experiments with mice.
- Experience in projects focused on metabolism, intermittent fasting, bioactive products, high-throughput screening, and/or senescence/senolytics will be valued.
- Experience in mouse fasting models, in high-throughput screening, senescence and bioactive products in aging will be highly regarded.
- Supervision of degree and master's projects.
- Direction of doctoral theses.
- Participation in the preparation of proposals to attract external financing.
- Collaboration in transversal activities.
- High level of English: demonstrable spoken and written.
- Proactivity, leadership.
Candidates will be selected based on the profiles described in Annex 1 as appropriately outlined in their CV by a Selection Committee composed by scientist staff of IMDEA Food Institute. Ad-hoc experts could be participating in the process. The best-qualified applicants can be invited locally for an interview by the Selection Committee.
The personal interview will consist of conducting a face-to-face or videoconference interview that will deal only with the merits declared by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the position. The interview will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
I. Curricular merits: 0-50*
II. Other merits: 0-20*
III. Interview: 0-30
Type of contract: permanet full-time employment contract with trial period established by law.
Dedication: full-time, 37.5 hours per week, from Monday to Friday.
Incorporación: immediately after the selection process.
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
- Motivation Letter
- Employment History Report (Social Security)
- PhD Title
- Memory of the research career