CALL FOR A BIOMODULE TECHNICIAN FOR ANIMAL EXPERIMENTATION FOR “FACINGLCOVID-CM” PROJECT
IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) adheres to the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researcher.
The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
This contract is financing by Community of Madrid and European Union, through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) - REACT-EU resources of the Madrid Operational Program 2014-2020, in the action line of R+D+i projects in response to COVID 19.
Action financed by the Agreement signed on April 8, 2022 between Comunity of Madrid (Consejería de Educación, Universidades, Ciencia y Portavocía) and IMDEA Food Foundation for the direct granting to finance research actions on SARS-CoV 2 and the COVID-19 disease, financed with REACT-EU resources from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
The work activity of the thecnician will be integrated in the research project: “Entendiendo y Afrontando el COVID-19 Persistente mediante la Nutrición de Precisión”-“FACINGLCOVID-CM”
The work plan focuses on:
- Technical support for the design of working protocols and procedures in the Biomodule.
- Technical support during the Works of instalation and set-up of the Biomodule.
- Set up of the equipment, spaces and material included in the Biomodule.
- Design of the Database, booking system and any other IT application necessary for the Biomodule.
- Establishment and management of mouse colonies.
- Performance of complex techniques and procedures in experimental mouse models, including subcutaneous, intraperitoneal and intravenous inoculations; hepatectomy; tumor induction and monitoring in moth immunocompetent and immunocompromised mouse models.
- Education of Biomodule users in the orking procedures in the Unit, as well as in the correct management of mouse colonies.
- Mandatory Vocational Training (FP) Degree of the Educational System of Higher Degree( (LOE), previous Senior Technician (LOGSE).
- Specific training in mouse models (at least holding the Spanish C Function).
- Basic knowledge of molecular biology and pharmacology.
- Knowledge of mouse colony management databases “Mouse Colony Management” and/or Anibio.
- Knowledge of ERP Fundanet platform.
Professional experience & expertise:
- Experience of at least 2 years working as laboratory and/or animal facility technician.
Other Professional experience & expertise:
- Additional experience as animal facility technician will be highly appreciated.
Skills & Other merits to evaluate:
- Movement flexibility within the Madrid County.
- Ability to efficiently perform mouse colony management and complex techniques in laboratory mice, including subcutaneous, intraperitoneal, intravenous inoculation; hepatectomy; induction and monitoring of tumors in immuno-sufficient and -deficient mice.
- Experience in animal facility managemetn, including ethic protocols, working permits, evaluation of sanitary status reports, design and implementation of standard operational procedures
Candidates will be selected based on the profiles described in Annex 1 as appropriately outlined in their CV by a Selection Committee composed by scientist staff of IMDEA Food Institute. Ad-hoc experts could be participating in the process. The best-qualified applicants can be invited locally for an interview by the Selection Committee.
The personal interview will consist of conducting a face-to-face or videoconference interview that will deal only with the merits declared by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the position. The interview will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
I. Other Education: 0-30*
II. Other Professional experience & expertise: 0-30*
III. Skills & Other merits to evaluate: 0-40*
Type of contract: Temporary full-time employment contract with trial period established by law.
Dedication: full time (37,5 hours per week), split day, from Monday to Friday.
Duration: This position is until December 31st, 2022.
Annual gross salary: 25,000 euro.
The incorporation of the candidate to the IMDEA Food Institute is expected to be immediately after the selection process.
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
- Motivation Letter
- Employment History Report (Social Security)
- Official Academic Titles
- Academic Certificate of Notes