CALL FOR A POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCHER
IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) adheres to the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researcher.
The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
The work activity of the Postdoctoral researcher will be to carry out the R&D activities in the research project: “Precision Nutrition and Cardiometabolic Health, Inflammation and Intake markers”
The work plan is focused on:
1) optimize and appraise available nutrition resources and metabolic databases to better understand genetic and epigenetic outcomes involved in obesity and cardiometabolic adverse traits;
2) analyze and implement newer metabolic biomarkers with diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutical potential value including the design and definition of Precision Nutrition guidelines;
3) investigate with global perspectives the interactions including shared mechanisms and triggering common physiopathological pathways among obesity with liver disease; and
4) the integration of nutriomics and metagenomics approaches to understand the phenotipical interactions and responses to specific nutrients and diets involving nutrigenetic, nutrigenomic and epigenomic outcomes
(PhD with health profile, including Medicine, Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Nutrition, Food Technology, Nursing).
Have obtained a PhD in Biomedical Sciences or Experimental Sciences (Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Nutrition or Food Science), within last 5 years is required.
Knowledge in Precision Nutrition. Public Health and/or master’s degree in nutritional epidemiology.
Computer and English language skills.
Professional experience of interest:
- Experience in human database management and epidemiological statistical analysis or clinical trials.
- Experience in human genetic/metagenomic data and biostatistical analysis.
- Participation in national and international multicenter projects.
- Collaboration in experimental development of program projects: processing of clinical samples in intervention trials, biochemical, molecular, and genomic/metagenomic determinations.
- Being the main author of several articles published in biomedical and nutritional journals related to the Program.
- High level of English.
Other merits to evaluate:
- Masters/Courses in statistics/bioinformatics
- International stages will be positively considered.
- Leadership / participation in clinica/Nutritional l trials.
Use of programs such as Excel, SPSS, Stata, R, and programming languages such as Python.
Big data analysis, machine learning, bioinformatics.
Competencies: results-oriented, highly proactive, responsible, and creative.
Organizational skills. Ability to work as part of a team with the ability to build personal relationships.
Candidates will be selected based on the profile described in Annex 1 as appropriately outlined in their CV by a Selection Committee composed by scientist staff of IMDEA Food Institute. Ad-hoc experts could be participating in the process. The best-qualified applicants will go to the second selection phase consisting of a personal interview by the Selection Committee.
The personal interview will consist of conducting a face-to-face or videoconference interview that will deal only with the merits claimed by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the position. The interview will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
I. Aditional education: 0-30*
II. Aditional Professional experience & expertise: 0-30*
III. Other merits : 0-10*
IV. Interview: 0-30*
Type of contratc: Temporary full-time employment contract with trial period established by law.
Dedication: Full-time (37.5 h / week), split day, from Monday to Friday
Duration: 12 month, with the possibility of renewal.
Annual gross salary: 28.508 euro.
The incorporation of the candidate is expected to be immediately after the selection process.
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
- Motivation Letter
- Employment History Report (Social Security)
- PhD Title