CALL FOR A RESEARCH ASSISTANT AT THE IMDEA FOOD FOUNDATION
IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) adheres to the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researcher.
The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
This contract is part of the project TED2021-130962B-C21, funded by MCIN/AEI/10.13039/501100011033 and by the European Union "NextGenerationEU"/PRTR", where TED2021-130962B-C21 is the reference in the grant resolution; MCIN is the acronym of the Ministry of Science and Innovation; AEI is the acronym of the State Research Agency; 10. 13039/501100011033 the DOI (Digital Object Identifier) of the Agency; and PRTR the acronym of the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan, charged to the call for early processing corresponding to the year 2021 for public aid for strategic projects aimed at the green transition and the digital transition, of the State Programme to Promote Scientific-Technical Research and its Transfer, State Sub-programme for the Generation of Knowledge, of the State Plan for Scientific, Technical and Innovation Research for the period 2021-2023, within the framework of the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan.
The purpose of the contract is to collaborate in the performance of scientific-technical activities linked to the R&D project: "By-products of the dairy industry as a sustainable source of extracellular vesicles; nanotransporters to increase the bioavailability and bioactivity of (poly)phenols - DairyPhenosome"-Ref. TED2021-130962B-C21.
Main functions to be developed:
- Technical-scientific support in the experimental development of the project: organization, development of methods and processing of experimental samples.
- Experimental development in: isolation of exosomes and other extracellular vesicles (Ultracentrifugation, Tangential filtration, precipitation by polymers, etc.), characterization of exosomes (Protein analysis, NTA, Western Blot, electron microscopy, flow cytometry), cell cultures, gene expression analysis (RNA and DNA isolation, qPCR, Digital PCR), exosome purification and scaling up (FPLC, Tangential Filtration), maintenance and experimentation with laboratory animals.
- Processing and analysis of data from the project experiments, as well as preparation and presentation of their reports.
- Support in organization and management of reagent orders for the research group.
- Participation in the development of scientific collaborations and research networks.
- Participation in teaching and dissemination activities.
I. Entry requirements:
* Education Level:
- University degree in biology, biotechnology, pharmacy, food science and technology, nutrition, biochemistry or biomedicine and
- Official university master's degree in the area of Health Sciences.
* Research Field: Biomedicine
II. Evaluation of merits:
Other Education to evaluate:
- Additional formation in extracellular vesicles will be positively evaluated
- Additional training in analysis and work with microplastics and/or nanoplastics will be positively valued.
Professional experience & expertise valuable:
- Proven experience in a biomedical research laboratory.
- Experience in gene expression analysis.
- Experience in cell cultures.
- Experience in the experimentation techniques described above
- Experience in flow cytometry
- Experience in culture and work with organoids
- Experience in separation techniques using FPLC or HPLC
- Experience in working with microplastics and/or nanoplastics
- Knowledge and experience of histological analysis
- Western Blot protein analysis experience
Other merits to evaluate:
- Experience in work with extracellular vesicles
- Experience in animal experimentation and corresponding official accreditation for animal experimentation.
- Experience in computational biology analysis and basic bioinformatics.
- Knowledge of foreign language English
Capabilities & Skills (to evaluate in the interview):
- Suitability to the position.
- High motivation to learn new methodologies/technologies.
- Ability to work independently, but with a good disposition to work in a team/collaboration as part of a group.
- Ability to develop new research protocols based on scientific literature.
- Organization capacity, good communication skills, determined, with high proactivity, initiative and responsibility.
- Knowledge of the English language
After the deadline for submission of applications, and once compliance with the requirements listed in the second base have been verified, the Selection Committee will proceed to assess the documented merits included in the curricula vitae and to select the candidatures that best suit the established requirements; then a second selection phase will then be opened, consisting of a personal interview.
The personal interview will consist of conducting a face-to-face or videoconference interview that will deal only with the merits declared by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the position. The interview will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
I. Additional training to assess: 0-30*
II. Aditional experience & expertise: 0-30*
II. Other merits : 0-10*
III. Interview: 0-30*
Type of contract: temporary fixed-term contract linked to programmes financed by the NextGeneration EU Funds for the implementation of the Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan), with a probationary period established by law.
Dedication: 37,5 h/week in split shift, from Monday to Friday.
Gross Annual Salary: 23,962.00 euros.
Duration: fixed-term (until the end of the project 30/11/2024).
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
- Motivation Letter
- Employment History Report (Social Security)
- Official Academic Titles
- Academic Certificate of Notes
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal opportunities are guaranteed in the selection process, without any forms of discrimination.
IMDEA Food commitment is to guarantee equality in measures to balance personal, family and working life and to promote gender equality.