CALL FOR A RESEARCH ASSISTANT (NUTRITION AND FOOD)
IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) adheres to the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researcher.
The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
Supporting and collaboration in the R+D Program "Precision Nutrition and Cardiometabolic Health" (and its projects). Scientific research in the field of Nutrition and Food that is channeled through the corresponding R+D projects within the Research Program of "Precision Nutrition and Cardiometabolic Health"; initially the research project "Dietary Assessment and Biomarker Development for All (DIETARY DEAL)"
The scientific-technical activities that the research assistant will develop for the research line/research program are the following:
- Technical support in the experimental development of the projects: processing of clinical samples of intervention trials and and application of omics technologies.
- Processing and statistical analysis of the data obtained from the experiments or projects of the research line/program.
- Maintenance of databases and biobank of precision nutrition and cardiometabolic health.
- Support in the preparation of project applications within the Line of research and compilation of scientific production.
- Support in writing, editing and submitting scientific articles to peer-reviewed journals and competitive research projects and eventual professional relationships with publishers, including article payments and Open Access tracking. Preparation of articles of dissemination and social communication.
-Participate in the development of research collaborations and Networks.
- Organization and management of scientific production and justification of the projects of the Research Line/Programme in Precision Nutrition and Cardiometabolic Health.
- Relación con los proveedores habituales que proporcionan bienes o servicios and coordination of special requests for the execution of the research project(s).
- Support to supervision of students and other laboratory tasks such as management of research protocols (productivity/reporting).
- Participation in national and international congresses.
- Participation in teaching and outreach activities.
o University degree in Human Nutrition and Dietetics or other related areas of Health Sciences.
o Oficial university master's degree in the Nutrition and Food Area.
Other Education to evaluate:
o Additional training in clinical nutrition, nutritional genomics, molecular biology or biochemistry will be positively valued.
o The average of the bachelor's and master's degree files will be positively valued to obtain competitive contracts for the completion of a doctoral thesis.
o Knowledge of omic technologies.
o Knowledge of advanced statistical programs.
o Extensive knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point...
o Knowledge of English (minimum level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference or equivalent).
Aditional experience & expertise to value:
o Extracurricular internships and training stays will be valued positively.
o Final degree and/or master's degree projects in the area will be valued positively.
o Professional experience in the area will be valued positively.
o Experience in data processing and biostatistical analysis for projects of an epidemiological nature.
o Drafting of research protocols and collaboration in the preparation of research projects.
o Participation in research projects (recruitment, database management, statistical analysis, nutritional intervention, diet design)
o Scientific publications related to precision nutrition topics, where the use of the aforementioned techniques is justified.
o Experience and participation in nutritional intervention studies will be valued
o Use of packages for database management: Excel…
o Teaching collaborations
Other merits to value:
o Membership of scientific research networks
o Ability to carry out training activities and supervision of undergraduate and master's students.
o Public presentations and summaries of scientific dissemination.
o Professional stays in research centers abroad.
Capabilities (to be assessed in the interview):
o Suitability to the position
o High motivation to learn new technologies/methodologies.
o Ability to work independently, but with a willingness to work in a team/collaboration as part of a multi-centre network.
o Organizational skills, good communication skills, determined, highly proactive, initiative and responsible.
o Spirit of work.
o Knowledge of languages.
o Assessment of the level of English required.
After the deadline for submission of applications, and once compliance with the requirements listed in the second base have been verified, the Selection Committee will proceed to assess the documented merits included in the curricula vitae and to select the candidatures that best suit the established requirements; then a second selection phase will then be opened, consisting of a personal interview.
The personal interview will consist of conducting a face-to-face or videoconference interview that will deal only with the merits declared by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the position. The interview will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
I. Additional training to assess: 0-30*
II. Aditional experience & expertise: 0-30*
II. Other merits : 0-10*
III. Interview: 0-30*
Type of contract: employment contract for scientific-technical activities (art. 23 bis Science Law) in accordance with current legislation with a trial period established by law.
Dedication: full time (37,5 hours per week), flexible split day, from Monday to Friday.
Annual gross salary: 17,438 euro - 20,415 euro, depending on qualifications and experience
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
- Motivation Letter
- Employment History Report (Social Security)
- Official Academic Titles
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal opportunities are guaranteed in the selection process, without any forms of discrimination.
IMDEA Food commitment is to guarantee equality in measures to balance personal, family and working life and to promote gender equality.