CALL FOR A POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCHER
IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) adheres to the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researcher.
The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
This position is funded by the 2018 Call for the Attraction of Research Talent of the Community of Madrid (Ref. 2018-T1/BMD-11966)
We are looking for a highly motivated post-doctoral scientist. His/her research activity will be funded through the project with reference 2018-T1/BMD-11966 funded by the Community of Marid - Talent Program. This project focuses on the implementation of nutritional and sustainable interventions to extend healthy aging and reduce the appearance of age-associated diseases including cancer. Therefore, we are looking for a researcher with previous experience in the fields of metabolism and cancer in order to continue with novel research lines that have been initiated based on preliminary results obtained through this program, and to identify molecular mechanisms underneath.
Main functions to carry out:
- Animal research, including (i) experimental design and development of ethical protocols, (ii) metabolic fenotypind and/or characterization, and (iii) implementation of anti-cancer strategies to reduce tumor growth.
- Characterization of tissue-specific intracellular effectors and novel biomarkers responsible for the metabolic effects associated with the implemented interventions.
- Bioinformatic analysis of gene-arrays
- General lab assistance tasks (ordering, maintenance,...)
- Bachelor in Biology or similar
- Master focused in Biomedicine
- PhD. in Biomedicine o similar
- Certificate to work with animal models.
1) Lab-research experience in the fields of metabolism, oncology, etc:
- Obtention and processing of biological samples
- Cell Culture
- Cell biology and molecular biology techniques (qPCR, WB, ICC, etc.)
- Omics techniques
- Bioinformatics and big data analysis
- Previous experience working with animal models
2) Oral communications in conferences related to Oncology and Metabolism
3) At least one first-author publication in JCR Journal (first decil and/or quartil)
4) Patents will be positively evaluated.
5) Participation in competitive research projects in the fields of Oncology and Metabolism
6) B1 English Title (accredited)
7) Research stays in countries different than the country of origin
8) Participation in science research dissemination events
Other merits that will be taken into consideration:
1) Participation in courses related to the fields of Oncology and Metabolism.
2) Obtention of scientific awards and/or research fellowships.
Candidates will be selected based on the profile described in Requirements by a Selection Committee composed by scientist staff of IMDEA Food Institute. Ad-hoc experts could be participating in the process.
The best-qualified applicants will go to the second selection phase consisting of a personal interview by the Selection Committee.
The personal interview will consist of conducting a face-to-face or videoconference interview that will deal only with the merits claimed by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the position. The interview will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
Contract: Full-time temporaly employment contract with trial period established by law.
Dedication: 37,5 h/week, split day, Monday to Friday
Duration: 16 months (max. until 01/31/2023)
Annual gross salary: 27.950 euro
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
- Motivation Letter
- Official Academic Title
- PhD Title
The results of the selection process will be published in the IMDEA Food Institute’s web page https://jobs.food.imdea.org/, and the selected candidate will be notified by e-mail. The selected candidate will receive a contractual offer and - if he/she agrees with it - must accept it within five (5) days after notification.
Additionally, final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates