CALL FOR A PERMANENT POSITION AS HEAD/DIRECTOR OF RESEARH PROGRAM ON PRECISION NUTRITION AND CARDIOMETABOLIC HEALH (EMINENT RESEARCHER)
IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) adheres to the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researcher.
The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
The call is made under the provisions of Law 20/2021, of December 28 and the Order of July 26, 2022 of the Ministry of Economy, Employment and Finance of the Community of Madrid.
A selective process is called for the coverage of a permanent position as Head/Director of the Research Program on Precision Nutrition and Cardiometabolic Health (Eminent Researcher) at IMDEA Food Foundation, with the profile and characteristics established in Annex l of the official Call.
The Precision Nutrition and Cardiometabolic Health Program aims to integrate nutriomic and metagenomic approaches to understand the phenotypic responses of specific nutrients and diets that trigger physiopatological pathways common to inflammation, obesity, cardiovascular, metabolic, liver and cancer diseases.
The programme is focused on the analysis and implementation of new biomarkers with potential diagnostic and prognostic value, as well as on the study of the bases of the interaction between diet and genes. In this interaction, the effect of different functional foods on gene expression is sought in order to understand the molecular bases of the disease, develop therapeutic tools based on non coding-RNAs, extracelular vesicles, functional foods and design and define strategies for the implementation of precision nutrition.
- Functions Research profile:
- Direction and development of the Precision Nutrition and Cardiometabolic Health Research Program, promoting and supervising all the activities of the Program, including the management of the research groups that are constituted within the Program, within the guidelines established by the Direction and the Board of Trustees of the foundation.
- Promotion of scientific excellence of the Precision Nutrition and Cardiometabolic Health Program, offering society new opportunities for health, well-being and progress.
- To coordinate the elaboration of the action plans of the Program, determining its needs and resources, as well as the necessary means to achieve the aims of the Program within the general limits established by the Board of Trustees as well as public and private competitive calls for R&D&I project financing.
- Coordination of research projects and the work of the researchers involved.
- Obtaining funding for research.
- Transmission of knowledge nationally and internationally. Generation of relevant scientific publications, participation in forums and congresses.
- Design and implementation of dissemination activities.
- Evaluation of the personnel in charge.
- Establishment of collaborative relationships with other centers and groups research.
- Watch of scientific advances.
- PhD degree in Life Sciences or similar.
Other specific requirements:
- A PhD in Life Sciences with at least 20 years of full time postdoctoral research experience.
- Experience in high rank foreign (out of Spain) research institutions.
- Experience required in Personalized Nutrition, Precision Nutrition Nutrigenomics and application to cardiometabolic health.
- H-Index > 50.
Curricular merits of the candidate, to evaluate:
The candidates must demonstrate a high level in the following aspects, in the areas of Personalized Nutrition or Precision Nutrition and Nutrigenomics, as demonstrated by established international reputation and high quality publications in peer-reviewed journals and record of successful funding in the areas of interest.
1. Leadership and management skills. Experience in management of R&D centers or groups/units.
- Positions with institutional responsibilities.
- Other positions related to leadership and management of science
2. Scientific and technological capacity in the area of Life and Food Sciences and more specifically in Precision Nutrition and Cardiometabolic Health.
- High-very high value of the h index.
- Co-author of prestigious scientific publications (indexed in international databases), especially as "corresponding author".
- Co-author of communications to scientific conferences, especially oral presentations.
- Presentations by invitation at conferences, congresses and specialized courses.
- Organization of congresses and scientific meetings.
- Management of research projects and scholarships.
- Management of international research projects.
3. Capacity for innovation and entrepreneurship in the Area. Contribution to the transformation of the socioeconomic ecosystem of food, nutrition and health.
- Innovation projects.
- Co-inventor of granted or licensed patents and other technology transfer actions.
- Entrepreneurship activities.
- Direction of research contracts with companies.
4. Capacity for communication and dissemination of scientific and technological advances in nutrition, food and health.
- Communication and dissemination activity.
- Training activity.
- Long-stays in foreign research centers
- Supervision of doctoral theses
- Participation in advisory committees, scientific councils and expert panels.
- Awards received
- International movility (long-stays in foreign research centers).
- Others- High level of English: demonstrable spoken and written. Excellent communication skills using the English language with invitation to most relevant fori.
- Leadership, direction and management of teams, motivation, negotiation skills.
CURRICULUM VITAE requested: (The document should follow the format of Annex II, not exceeding a maximum of six pages in total)
Curriculum Vitae (CV) updated and signed on all its pages, in the model according to Annex II of the oficial Call, indicating the activities related to the requirements, merits and experience established in Annex I that can be reliably accredited. CVs in any other format and length will not be accepted.
Candidates will be selected based on the profiles described in Annex 1 as appropriately outlined in their CV by a Selection Committee composed by scientist staff of IMDEA Food Institute. Ad-hoc experts could be participating in the process. The best-qualified applicants can be invited locally for an interview by the Selection Committee. they may also be required to submit a project for the Research Program
The personal interview will consist of conducting a face-to-face or videoconference interview that will deal only with the merits declared by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the position. The interview will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
I. Curricular merits (Leadership and management, Scientific and technological capacity, Innovation and entrepreneurship capacity, Communication and dissemination capacity): 0-50*
II. Other merits: 0-20*
III. Interview: 0-30
Type of contract: permanet full-time employment contract with trial period established by law.
Dedication: full-time, 37.5 hours per week, from Monday to Friday.
Incorporación: immediately after the selection process.
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
- Motivation Letter
- PhD Title
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal opportunities are guaranteed in the selection process, without any forms of discrimination.
IMDEA Food commitment is to guarantee equality in measures to balance personal, family and working life and to promote gender equality.