CALL FOR A POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER FOR “FACINGLCOVID-CM” PROJECT (OBJETIVE 1) IN THE AREA OF PRECISION NUTRITION AND AGING
IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) adheres to the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researcher.
The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
This contract is financing by Community of Madrid and European Union, through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) - REACT-EU resources of the Madrid Operational Program 2014-2020, in the action line of R+D+i projects in response to COVID 19.
Action financed by the Agreement signed on April 8, 2022 between Comunity of Madrid (Consejería de Educación, Universidades, Ciencia y Portavocía) and IMDEA Food Foundation for the direct granting to finance research actions on SARS-CoV 2 and the COVID-19 disease, financed with REACT-EU resources from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
The work activity of the postdoctoral researcher will be the performance of scientific-technical activities in the research project "Understanding and Coping with Persistent COVID-19 through Precision Nutrition"-"FACINGLCOVID-CM"- Scientific Objective 1.
Main functions: The work plan focuses on:
- Collaborate in the identification of the traces produced by COVID-19 on the aging of the immune system.
- Search for biomarkers that can provide a "molecular" measure of Long COVID. Measurement of the epigenetic clock.
- Pan-omics analysis of genomics (SNPs), non-targeted and targeted metabolomics, DNA methylation, circulating miRNAs, immune cell transcriptomics, and markers of inflammation/meta-inflammation.
- Identification of personalized molecular marks of immunosenescence with association between metabolic, physical and nutritional factors.
- Identification of genetic variants predisposing to premature aging of the immune system.
- Identification of the association between species present in the microbiome and the development of immunosenescence.
Doctor in Biomedical Sciences or Experimental Sciences (Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Chemistry, Nutrition or Food Sciences) in the last 10 years.
Professional experience of interest:
- Solid experience and knowledge in the field of nutrition, epigenetics and intestinal microbiota.
- Experience in laboratory management. Management of biological samples, biochemical determinations, management of cell cultures, 3D cultures, Western blot, RNA extraction, q-RT-PCR, miRNA analysis, ELISA, colonic fermentation, management of fecal samples and management of metagenomic data.
- Participation in national and international multicenter projects.
- Researcher mobility accreditation.
- Being the main author and/or corresponding author of articles published in journals indexed in the first quartile of the nutritional field related to the topic of the offered job.
- Being co-author in various publications related to the topic of the job.
- High English level.
Other valuable merits:
- International stays in the field of Biomedicine and/or nutrition.
- Participation in clinical or nutritional studies.
- Participation as co-author in scientific publications.
- Management of end-of-bachelor, master's, and/or doctorate students.
- Scientific dissemination tasks.
Skills and competencies:
-Results-oriented research, with a proactive, responsible and enterprising personality.
- Capacity for organization and leadership of research projects.
- Capacity for teamwork with ability for personal relationships.
Candidates will be selected based on the profiles described in Annex 1 as appropriately outlined in their CV by a Selection Committee composed by scientist staff of IMDEA Food Institute. Ad-hoc experts could be participating in the process. The best-qualified applicants can be invited locally for an interview by the Selection Committee.
The personal interview will consist of conducting a face-to-face or videoconference interview that will deal only with the merits declared by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the position. The interview will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
I. Aditional Professional experience & expertise: 0-40*
II. Other merits : 0-30*
III. Interview: 0-30*
Type of contract: employment contract according to current legislation, with trial period established by law.
Dedication: full time (37,5 hours per week), flexible split day, from Monday to Friday.
Initial funding: until December 31st, 2022.
Annual gross salary: 35,000 - 39,000 euro, commensurate with experience and the candidate's scientific impact.
Incorporation: immediately .
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
- Motivation Letter
- Employment History Report (Social Security)
- PhD Title