CALL FOR A PERMANENT POSITION HEAD OF BIOSTATISTIC LABORATORY (PRINCIPAL RESEARCHER)
IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) adheres to the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researcher.
The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
The call is made under the provisions of Law 20/2021, of December 28, the Order of July 26, 2022 of the Ministry of Economy, Employment and Finance of the Community of Madrid.
A selective process is called for the coverage of a permanent position of Head of the Biostatistic Laboratory in the GENYAL Platform of the IMDEA Food Foundation, with the profile and characteristics established in Annex l of the Official Call.
Functions Research profile.
Management and execution of the activities of the Biostatistic Laboratory.
Responsible for the advice, support and statistical analysis in the research work of nutritional, molecular and nutrigenomic data: clinical trials and epidemiological data, preparing reports, publications and proposals.
Participate in the development of protocols, design of the different studies carried out, as well as in scientific discussions and the interpretation of results.
Development of statistical analysis plans.
Directorate of the Biostatistics and Bioinformatics Unit
Application for research projects with public or private funding
Performing chemoinformatic analyses.
Develop own line of research in nutrition and health data science, as well as bioactive food compounds
- PhD in Life Sciences with demonstrable training in Biostatistics.
Other specific requirements:
- Have a postdoctoral experience with a doctoral contract, not less than 10 years in public or private R&D&i centers or Spanish or foreign universities, related to the analysis of epidemiological, molecular and clinical data in the field of health, nutrition and nutrigenomics.
- Publications in prestigious journals in the area. An h-index greater than 15 will be valued
Curricular merits of the candidate:
- Co-author of communications to scientific conferences, national and international, especially oral presentations.
- Participation in research projects with public or private funding (especially as principal investigator).
- Participation in research contracts with companies
- Reseach Stays in foreign research centers.
- Demonstrable experience in statistical advisory activities, especially in the biomedical sector.
- Experience in the main statistical techniques of epidemiological and clinical data analysis: linear and generalized regression (GLM, GLMM, GAM, regresión penalizada, regresión de quantil), survival analysis (Cox regression and parametric models) and analysis of repeated measures (generalized least squares, mixed models, EGE), multivariate analysis (MANOVA, MCA, MDS, CCA, SEM, PCA), power and sample size calculations, resampling techniques
- Experience in data modeling by Machine Learning (SVM, RF, kNN, NB, CART, NN) and Deep Learning (convolutional networks, transfomers, recurring networks, VAEs, GANNs): predictive, generative models. Interpretation of models.
- Advanced programming in R and Python for Statistics and Data Science.
- Experience in Chemoinformatics will be assessed: Molecular modeling, virtual screening, molecular dynamics, pharmacophore design, quantum calculations, clustering, hit expansion, high throughput screens analysis, QSAR/QSPR
Experience in linux multitasking environments will be valued: Bash, MPI.
Other merits: Candidate's ability to lead the research line (Research Laboratory):
- Management of research groups
- Line of research in nutrition and health, and / or data science of bioactive food compounds.
-Teaching experience at the University (ANECA accreditation).
- Participation and leadership in multidisciplinary international research consortia.
- Direction of final degree and master's degree projects.
- Direction of doctoral theses.
- Participation in national and international networks of Biostatistics
- High level of English: demonstrable spoken and written.
- Proactivity, leadership.
Candidates will be selected based on the profiles described in Annex 1 as appropriately outlined in their CV by a Selection Committee composed by scientist staff of IMDEA Food Institute. Ad-hoc experts could be participating in the process. The best-qualified applicants can be invited locally for an interview by the Selection Committee.
The personal interview will consist of conducting a face-to-face or videoconference interview that will deal only with the merits declared by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the position. The interview will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
I. Curricular merits: 0-50*
II. Other merits: 0-20*
III. Interview: 0-30
Type of contract: permanet full-time employment contract with trial period established by law.
Dedication: full-time, 37.5 hours per week, from Monday to Friday.
Incorporación: immediately after the selection process.
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
- Motivation Letter
- Employment History Report (Social Security)
- PhD Title
- Memory of the research career