CALL FOR A PERMANENT POSITION HEAD OF INMUNONUTRITION LABORATORY (SENIOR RESEARCHER)
IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) adheres to the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researcher.
The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
The call is made under the provisions of Law 20/2021, of December 28, the Order of July 26, 2022 of the Ministry of Economy, Employment and Finance of the Community of Madrid and the Resolution of December 2, 2015, of the Secretary of State for Research, Development and Innovation (Ramón y Cajal program).
A selective process is called for the coverage of a permanent position of Head of the Immunonutrition Laboratory in the Thematic Area of Food Science and Technology within the Research Program. Precision Nutrition and Cancer of the IMDEA Food Foundation, with the profile and characteristics established in Annex l of the official Call.
Functions Research profile.
Management and execution of the activities of the Immunonutrition Laboratory.
Studies in Molecular Immunonutrition in Cancer.
Molecular immunonutrition of metabolic dysfunction and antitumor response.
Development of Immunonutritional cytotherapies in nutrition-based chronic pathologies.
Immunonutritional research - transferable and translational - in chronic pathologies of nutritional basis and cancer.
Immunonutritional assessment of nutrients, study of the influence of nutrients on the differentiation and / or selective functional polarization of the immune system.
-PhD degree in Food Science
Other specific requirements:
-Have a postdoctoral experience with a doctoral contract, not less than 10 years in public or private R&D&i centers or Spanish or foreign universities, related to immunonutritional research - transferable and translational - in nutritional-based pathologies and cancer.
- Be in possession of the accreditation of the I3 certification within the framework of the Ramón y Cajal program or a program of national or international excellence recognized for this purpose by the General Secretariat of Universities.
- Minimum h index of 26.
Curricular merits of the candidate:
- Co-author of prestigious scientific publications (indexed in international databases), especially as "corresponding author".
- Co-author of communications to scientific conferences, especially oral presentations.
- Presentations by invitation at conferences, congresses, courses and specialized schools.
- Participation and management of research contracts with companies.
- Development of activities that lead to obtaining patents. Co-inventor of patents and other technology transfer actions.
- Long-stays in foreign research centers.
- Direction of research projects, equipment or unique facilities and participation in research consortiums related to the subject.
- Participation in works and reports of scientific advice to official organisms (European and national).
Other merits: Candidate's ability to lead the research line (Research Laboratory):
- Leadership of research groups. Direction or scientific coordination of groups.
- Participation in scientific management activities.
- Supervision of doctoral or master's theses, as well as dissertations.
- Tutoring and/or supervision of research staff, national and international.
- The management of master's degrees and postgraduate courses or specialization courses.
- Participation in programs of excellence in international leadership.
- Recognition Awards.
- Development of research with social impact and dissemination of results.
- Liaison with organizations of recognized national/international prestige related to the topic of the position.
- Academic teaching activity (national and international).
Candidates will be selected based on the profiles described in Annex 1 as appropriately outlined in their CV by a Selection Committee composed by scientist staff of IMDEA Food Institute. Ad-hoc experts could be participating in the process. The best-qualified applicants can be invited locally for an interview by the Selection Committee.
The personal interview will consist of conducting a face-to-face or videoconference interview that will deal only with the merits declared by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the position. The interview will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
I. Curricular merits: 0-50*
II. Other merits: 0-20*
III. Interview: 0-30
Type of contract: permanet full-time employment contract with trial period established by law.
Dedication: full-time, 37.5 hours per week, from Monday to Friday.
Incorporación: immediately after the selection process; before August 31, 2022
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
- Motivation Letter
- Employment History Report (Social Security)
- PhD Title
- Memory of the research career