CALL FOR A RESEARCH ASSISTANT FOR THE PROJECT “DIETARY DEAL"
IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) adheres to the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researcher.
The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
This contract is funded by the Institute of Health Carlos III (Instituto de Salud Carlos III-ISCIII), with code AC21_2/00038 - Joint Programming Initiative HDHL-INTMIC, according to the Resolution by the Direction of Institute of Health Carlos III, O.A., M.P., for which grants are given for international joint programming projects for transnational calls: ERAPerMed, JPI AMR, EJP RD, JPI HDHL y EuroNanoMed, Call 2021 of the Health Research and Development Strategy (AES) 2017-2020, with european funds from Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan.
The work activity of the research staff will be integrated into the European research project: "Dietary Assessment & Further Development of Biomarkers for All (DIETARY DEAL)" funded by the Institute of Health Carlos III (Instituto de Salud Carlos III-ISCIII), with code AC21_2/00038 - Joint Programming Initiative HDHL-INTMIC.
The aim of this project is to develop a tool with machine learning capabilities for the standardization of dietary assessment across Europe. This project will investigate in depth the factors that can influence the validity of dietary biomarkers (metabolomics, biochemical, genetic…) in the estimation of food/nutrient intake.
Main functions to carry out:
• Support for the execution of the project and its dissemination through different channels: scientific journals, informative journals, congresses, social networks, press media, electronic, professional and scientific newsletters.
• Dissemination and promotion of the developed analysis tool and its functionalities to researchers, scientists, health professionals
• Scientific support in carrying out scientific bibliographic reviews, as well as in the management of databases and statistical analysis.
• Support in laboratory tasks, collection, reception and processing of biological samples.
• Organization of demonstration sessions, webinars, workshops and conferences to present the main advances of the project and demonstrate the operation of the developed nutritional analysis tool.
Graduate in Biomedical Sciences or Experimental Sciences (Medicine, Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Nutrition, Food Sciences or Nursing).
Other Education to evaluate:
- Education in nutrition, dietetics, public health, statistics and/or nutritional epidemiology.
- Knowledge in communication, outreach and scientific dissemination.
Valuable professional experience:
- Experience in scientific dissemination, use of social networks, as well as in the organization of seminars, workshops and scientific congresses.
- Management of digital health tools and related software, especially in the field of nutrition.
- Relationship with clinical studies in the nutritional field and evaluation of dietary intake.
- Knowledge in processing biological samples and epidemiological data.
- Experience in human database management and epidemiological statistical analysis or clinical trials.
- Author of several articles published in impact journals in the biomedical and nutritional field.
Professional experience to evaluate:
- Teaching collaboration in the areas of interest mentioned
Other merits to evaluate:
- High English level
- Master/Courses in nutrition/public health/statistics
- Leadership / organization of scientific dissemination events.
Skills (to evaluate in interview):
- Competencies: High level of English (part of the interview may be conducted in this language). Results oriented, highly proactive, responsible.
- Capacities: Organizational capacity. Ability to integrate into a multidisciplinary team. Ability to work in a team with ability for personal relationships. High oral and written communication skills.
Candidates will be selected based on the profiles described in Annex 1 as appropriately outlined in their CV by a Selection Committee composed by scientist staff of IMDEA Food Institute. Ad-hoc experts could be participating in the process. The best-qualified applicants can be invited locally for an interview by the Selection Committee.
The personal interview will consist of conducting a face-to-face or videoconference interview that will deal only with the merits declared by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the position. The interview will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
I. Aditional Education: 0-20*
I. Aditional Professional experience & expertise: 0-40*
II. Other merits : 0-10*
III. Interview: 0-30*
Type of contract: temporary part-time employment contract with trial period established by law.
Dedication: part-time, 22.5 hours per week, from Monday to Friday.
Duration: 30 months (untill December 31, 2024)
Annual gross salary: 14,027 euro.
The incorporation of the candidate to the IMDEA Food Institute is expected to be immediately after the selection process.
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
- Motivation Letter
- Employment History Report (Social Security)
- Official Academic Titles