CALL FOR A POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCHER FOR THE PROJECT “DIETARY DEAL"
IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) adheres to the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researcher.
The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
This contract is funded by the Institute of Health Carlos III (Instituto de Salud Carlos III-ISCIII), with code AC21_2/00038 - Joint Programming Initiative HDHL-INTMIC, according to the Resolution by the Direction of Institute of Health Carlos III, O.A., M.P., for which grants are given for international joint programming projects for transnational calls: ERAPerMed, JPI AMR, EJP RD, JPI HDHL y EuroNanoMed, Call 2021 of the Health Research and Development Strategy (AES) 2017-2020, with european funds from Recovery, Transformation and Resilience Plan.
The work activity of the research staff will be integrated into the European research project: "Dietary Assessment & Further Development of Biomarkers for All (DIETARY DEAL)" funded by the Institute of Health Carlos III (Instituto de Salud Carlos III-ISCIII), with code AC21_2/00038 - Joint Programming Initiative HDHL-INTMIC.
The aim of this project is to develop a tool with machine learning capabilities for the standardization of dietary assessment across Europe. This project will investigate in depth the factors that can influence the validity of dietary biomarkers (metabolomics, biochemical, genetic…) in the estimation of food/nutrient intake.
Main functions to carry out:
• Support for the execution of the clinical study to validate intake biomarkers (population recruitment and selection, data collection, dietary questionnaires, database management, etc.).
• Realization of bibliographical scientific revisions in the study area.
• Evaluation of digital tools for assessing nutritional status.
• Support in laboratory tasks, obtaining, receiving and processing biological samples.
• Analysis of results.
• Collaboration in scientific and community-oriented educational activities.
PhD with a healthcare profile, including Medicine, Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Nutrition, Food Science and Technology, or Nursing.
Other Education to evaluate:
Education in the field of nutrition, dietetics, metabolomics, public health, statistics and/or nutritional epidemiology
Suitable professional experience:
- Experience in the development of clinical studies in the nutritional field, design and validation of questionnaires, diet analysis, nutritional interventions, patient management, administration of questionnaires, taking anthropometric measurements will be valued.
- Bases in the field of metabolomics, search and analysis of biomarkers and data analysis.
- Experience in evaluation of dietary intake, food composition tables, management of related software.
- Knowledge in obtaining and processing biological samples, especially in the evaluation of metabolomic and biochemical determinations.
- Knowledge in human database management and epidemiological statistical analysis or clinical trials.
- Main author of several articles published in impact journals in the biomedical and nutritional field.
Professional experience to evaluate:
Previous contracts in the areas mentioned above or collaborations in related projects.
Other merits to evaluate:
-High English level
-Master/Courses in statistics/bioinformatics
-International research stays in the field of nutrition.
- Leadership / participation in clinical or nutritional trials.
- Teaching collaborator in the areas mentioned above.
Skills (to evaluate in interview):
- Competencies: High level of English (part of the interview may be conducted in this language). Results oriented, highly proactive, responsible.
- Capacities: Organizational capacity. Ability to integrate into a multidisciplinary team. Ability to work in a team with ability for personal relationships.
Candidates will be selected based on the profiles described in Annex 1 as appropriately outlined in their CV by a Selection Committee composed by scientist staff of IMDEA Food Institute. Ad-hoc experts could be participating in the process. The best-qualified applicants can be invited locally for an interview by the Selection Committee.
The personal interview will consist of conducting a face-to-face or videoconference interview that will deal only with the merits declared by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the position. The interview will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
I. Aditional Education: 0-20*
I. Aditional Professional experience & expertise: 0-40*
II. Other merits : 0-10*
III. Interview: 0-30*
Type of contract: temporary part-time employment contract with trial period established by law.
Dedication: part-time, 15 hours per week, from Monday to Friday.
Duration: 30 months (untill December 31, 2024)
Annual gross salary: 13,574 euro.
The incorporation of the candidate to the IMDEA Food Institute is expected to be immediately after the selection process.
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
- Motivation Letter
- Employment History Report (Social Security)
- PhD Title