CALL FOR A POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER FOR “FACINGLCOVID-CM” PROJECT (OBJETIVES 2 AND 3) IN THE AREA OF OBESITY AND PRECISION NUTRITION
IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) adheres to the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researcher.
The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
This contract is financing by Community of Madrid and European Union, through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) - REACT-EU resources of the Madrid Operational Program 2014-2020, in the action line of R+D+i projects in response to COVID 19.
Action financed by the Agreement signed on April 8, 2022 between Comunity of Madrid (Consejería de Educación, Universidades, Ciencia y Portavocía) and IMDEA Food Foundation for the direct granting to finance research actions on SARS-CoV 2 and the COVID-19 disease, financed with REACT-EU resources from the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
The work activity of the postdoctoral researcher will be integrated in the research project: “Entendiendo y Afrontando el COVID-19 Persistente mediante la Nutrición de Precisión”-“FACINGLCOVID-CM”- Objetives 2 and 3.
The work plan focuses on:
1) the analyses of pre-existing databases of COVID-19 patients to define the intrinsic and extrinsic characteristics related to severe and persistent COVID-19;
2) evaluate the impact of foods and nutrients on epigenetic mechanisms to better understand the role of food and nutrients on molecular pathways related to obesity, metabolic syndrome and cardiovascular diseases;
3) identification of new genetic, epigenetic, metabolic and microbiota markers with a potential to be integrated in precision nutrition strategies to prevent metabolic diseases and severe and persistent COVID-19;
4) integration of multiomic data from different databases to contribute to understand the link between metabolism and disease and to define interindividual variability in the response to diet.
Have obtained a PhD in Biomedical Sciences or Experimental Sciences (Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Nutrition or Food Science).
Professional experience of interest:
- Experience in human database management and epidemiological statistical analysis or clinical trials.
- Experience in human genetic/epigenetic data and biostatistical analysis.
- Participation in national and international multicenter projects.
- Collaboration in experimental development of program projects: processing of clinical samples in intervention trials, biochemical, molecular, and genomic/epigenomic determinations.
- First or relevant authorship in several articles published in biomedical and nutritional journals related to the Program.
- Computer and English language skills (High level of English).
Other merits to evaluate:
- International stages will be positively considered.
- Leadership / participation in clinica/Nutritional l trials.
Competencies: results-oriented, highly proactive, responsible, and creative.
Organizational skills. Ability to work as part of a team with the ability to build personal relationships.
Candidates will be selected based on the profiles described in Annex 1 as appropriately outlined in their CV by a Selection Committee composed by scientist staff of IMDEA Food Institute. Ad-hoc experts could be participating in the process. The best-qualified applicants can be invited locally for an interview by the Selection Committee.
The personal interview will consist of conducting a face-to-face or videoconference interview that will deal only with the merits declared by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the position. The interview will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
II. Aditional Professional experience & expertise: 0-40*
III. Other merits : 0-30*
IV. Interview: 0-30*
Type of contract: Temporary full-time employment contract with trial period established by law.
Dedication: full time (37,5 hours per week), flexible split day, from Monday to Friday.
Duration: This position is until December 31st, 2022.
Annual gross salary: 35,000 – 39,000 euro, commensurate with experience and the candidate's scientific impact.
The incorporation of the candidate to the IMDEA Food Institute is expected to be immediately after the selection process.
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
- Motivation Letter
- Employment History Report (Social Security)
- PhD Title