CALL FOR A LABORATORY TECHNICIAN FOR “FASTMET” PROJECT
IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) adheres to the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researcher.
The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
This position is funded by the Agencia Estatal de Investigación through the grant PID2020-114077RB-I00/AI/10.13039/501100011033 fot the poject “Caracterización de los mecanismos moleculares del ayuno de corta duración contra el cáncer y el síndrome metabólico”
-Mouse colony management in several animal facilities in Madrid, using different mouse databases.
Performance of complex techniques and procedures in experimental mouse models, including subcutaneous, intraperitoneal and intravenous inoculation; hepatectomy; induction and monitoring of tumors in immuno-sufficient and -deficient mice.
Molecular biology laboratory techniques: eukaryotic cells culture and treatment, handling of specific equipment as confocal microscopy and Seahorse; gene expression analysis techniques as PCR and qPCR.
- Mandatory Vocational Training (FP) Degree of the Educational System of Higher Degree( (LOE), previous Senior Technician (LOGSE).
- Specific training in mouse models (at least holding the Spanish C Function).
- Basic knowledge of molecular biology and pharmacology.
Other Education to evaluate:
- Knowledge of mouse colony management databases “Mouse Colony Management” and/or Anibio.
- Knowledge of Fundanet platform.
Professional experience & expertise required:
- Experience of at least 2 years working as laboratory and/or animal facility technician.
Other Professional experience & expertise to evaluate:
- Additional experience as animal facility technician will be highly appreciated.
Other merits to evaluate:
- Movement flexibility within the Madrid County.
Skills (to evaluate in the interview):
- Ability to efficiently perform mouse colony management and complex techniques in laboratory mice, including subcutaneous, intraperitoneal, intravenous inoculation; hepatectomy; induction and monitoring of tumors in immuno-sufficient and -deficient mice.
- Sufficiency in laboratory molecular biology techniques: eukaryotic cell culture and treatment, handling of specific equipment as confocal microscopy and Seahorse; gene expression analysis techniques as PCR and qPCR.
Candidates will be selected based on the profile described in Annex 1 as appropriately outlined in their CV by a Selection Committee composed by scientist staff of IMDEA Food Institute. Ad-hoc experts could be participating in the process. The best-qualified applicants will go to the second selection phase consisting of a personal interview by the Selection Committee.
The personal interview will consist of conducting a face-to-face or videoconference interview that will deal only with the merits claimed by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the position. The interview will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
Selection criteria: Formación adicional a valorar
I. Aditional education: 0-30*
II. Aditional Professional experience & expertise: 0-30*
III. Other merits : 0-10*
IV. Interview: 0-30*
Type of contract: Temporary full-time employment contract with trial period established by law.
Dedication: Full-time (37.5h / week), split day, Monday to Friday
Duration: 12 months
Annual Gross Salary : 18,987 euro
Incorporation: Immediate onboarding
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
- Motivation Letter
- Employment History Report (Social Security)
- Official Academic Titles
- Academic Certificate of Notes