CALL FOR A POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCHER -NutriSION CM (Y2020/BIO6350)
IMDEA Food Institute (Madrid Institute for Advanced Studies in Food) adheres to the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researcher.
The IMDEA Food Institute is a research institution created by the Madrid Regional Government in coordination with universities, research centers of Madrid, and enterprises. Constituted as a non-profit organization within the framework of the IV Regional Plan for Scientific Research and Technological Innovation (IV PRICIT), it is conceived - structurally and legally - with the aim of bringing research into society.
IMDEA Food Institute is committed to excellence in research and to foster technology transfer to the industrial sector in a truly international environment. More information about the research and scope of the activities of IMDEA Food Institute can be found at the institute webpage http://www.food.imdea.org
This position is funded by the Comunidad de Madrid through the Grant Ref. Y2020/BIO6350, acronym "NutriSION".
The work activity of the Postdoctoral researcher will be to carry out the R&D activities in the research project NutriSION CM -Y2020/BIO6350:"Precision nutritional strategies to reactivate the immune system impaired as a consequence of age, obesity or chemotherapy".
Main functions to carry out:
The candidate will participate in the screening and development of high bioavailability precision nutritional formulations, by mean of the use of different analytical methodologies and techniques (cell culture, Seahorse XFe, qPCR, Western blot, microscopy...).
The candidate will be responsible for the genetic, metabolic, anthropometric and nutritional characterization of different population groups, as well as for the execution of clinical trials with nutritional formulations in various population groups.
The candidate will supervise predoctoral, undergraduate and master students, assist in the presentation of projects, writing and review of works, data presentation and other tasks in the laboratory.
- PhD in Biomedical Research, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology.
Other Education to evaluate:
- Degree in Human Nutrition and Dietetics.
Professional experience required:
- Demonstrated technical experience with molecular and cellular biology techniques: cell culture, RNA and protein isolation and quantification, qPCR, Western blot, confocal microscopy, metabolic activity analysis.
- Previous experience in nutritional studies, diet analysis, nutritional interventions, patient management, administration of questionnaires, anthropometric measurements, computerization of data, obtaining and processing of biological samples.
- Knowledge of nutritional genomics, search and analysis of genetic polymorphisms. Professional experience to evaluate:
- Leadership / participation in clinical trials, as well as participation in European international consortia.
- Great scientific knowledge will be valued, especially work in various fields of science, including nutrition, cancer and metabolic pathologies.
Other merits to evaluate:
- High English level.
- Management of databases and statistical analysis software.
- International stages will be positively valued.
- Leadership, planning and results-oriented skills, independency as well as excellent interpersonal relationship abilities, proactive attitude and team-work skills are welcome
- We are looking for a proactive person who shows initiative and decision-making skills.
Candidates will be selected based on the profile described in Annex 1 as appropriately outlined in their CV by a Selection Committee composed by scientist staff of IMDEA Food Institute. Ad-hoc experts could be participating in the process. The best-qualified applicants will go to the second selection phase consisting of a personal interview by the Selection Committee.
The personal interview will consist of conducting a face-to-face or videoconference interview that will deal only with the merits claimed by the candidates in the competition phase and will be aimed at assessing the candidate's suitability for the position. The interview will have a maximum duration of 45 minutes.
Type of contratc: Temporary full-time employment contract with trial period established by law.
Dedication: Full-time (37.5 h / week), split day, from Monday to Friday
Duration: untill 30/06/2022, with the possibility of renewal.
Annual gross salary: 28,685 euro.
The incorporation of the candidate is expected to be immediately after the selection process.
Headquarter of the IMDEA Food Insitute, Madrid (SPAIN)
- Motivation Letter
- PhD Title